Monday, June 25, 2012

Two more days until LAND!

Well, I am officially ready to see some nice green trees, brown dirt, shrubs, houses, and everything else that land offers up. The constant rocking of the boat and giant storms in the night have lead me to appreciate the wonders that I took for granted on land. Today I saw a huge humpback whale about 30 feet from the boat! It was huge and magnificently graceful. I stood out on the deck this evening, looking out at the various boats on the horizon and feeling the ridiculously fierce winds of Gibraltar. Around 2000 we will be going through the Strait of Gibraltar (the entrance into the Mediterranean between North Africa and Spain. This first sighting of land is accompanied by historically strong winds that whip through the straight out into the Atlantic Ocean.

Barcelona is so close I can almost taste it. J After two midterms tomorrow, it will be right around the Gibraltar corner!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment