Wednesday, June 27, 2012

I SEE LAAAANNNDDD

Last night at 2020 the MV Explorer passed through the Strait of Gibraltar. Looking out from the observation deck, I could see North Africa on the right and Spain on the left.  Everything is covered in mist and paints the most romantic and mysterious picture.

Today I have conquered two midterms and the excitement that is Barcelona is pressing heavy upon me. Yesterday I attended a “pre-port cultural briefing.” Essentially, it was a time when a professor from Spain discussed what to do, what to eat, and how to fit in with the Spanish culture. It was very insightful and succeeded in getting me pumped and excited to see land and experience Barcelona at its finest. The high for the week is 82 and the low is 76, so there isn’t much more I can ask for.

On the docket for tomorrow is a tour of Montserrat (a Catholic monastery built around 253 B.C. that still houses around 80 monks.) The architecture of this building is incredible and considering the time period that it was built in, it is magnificent. After that, probably a walk on Las Ramblas (essentially the main street in Barcelona) and then lunch and dinner (they eat lunch around 3 and dinner between 9 and 11 in Spain.)

 

1 comment:

  1. Helen,

    Grandpa, Lisa, Rachel and I, are really enjoying reading your Blogs, The way you put your adventure into words, makes us feel like were there!!!

    Love Grandpa, Lisa, Rachel and Rod

    ReplyDelete