Saturday, June 23, 2012

Saturday School

Event of the day: at 0645 I was out on the 6th deck doing some yoga (as the sun was coming up) and saw two ships off in the distance. They were about ¼ of a mile away and were either Spanish or Portuguese fishing boats (my marine biology teacher filled me in on this when I asked him what sorts of ships would be sailing around the area that the ship is currently in.)

I have had 2 midterms thus far and have 2 more within the next 3 days! It is certainly a fast paced school while on the ship, with immense amounts of very interesting reading every day (for instance- today I learned about all of the different types of Spanish foods that are good to eat and which ones to avoid.) In addition, it is very odd having school on Saturdays and Sundays!

As of 1200 today the MV Explorer (the ship that I am sailing on) has gone 2,214 miles and there are only 4 more days until we hit the first port: Barcelona. I am so very excited to be able to see land again!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment