Tuesday, August 14, 2012

5 More Days Until I am State-side!

I cannot believe that the voyage is almost over. It is incredibly bittersweet. I have made some awesome friendships on this voyage that I know  will stay in touch with for forever. But, at the same time, I am so incredibly excited to be able to see my family in less than a week. Hence the bittersweet feeling.

When I got on this voyage people kept telling me that it would change my life and I have to admit- I was fairly skeptical. But, I need not have been because it did, in more ways than one.  Globally I am more aware of the world. Culturally I am more in tuned with different people and the wonderful, unique experiences bring. Most of all though, I have developed a deeper understanding of the important things in life. Family. Friends. Love. Happiness. All of these traits are vital to living a complete and fulfilled life. That is what this voyage there and back again(Hobbit reference intended) has taught me. Love like there is no tomorrow J

We shall not cease from exploration

And the end of all exploring

Will be to arrive where we started

And know the place for the first time.

~T.S. Eliot

 

No comments:

Post a Comment